Popular Nigerian comedian, Ayodeji Makun, widely known as AY, has lost properties worth millions to a fire incident that engulfed his Lagos home over the weekend.
On Sunday, August 6, 2023, AY’s house was destroyed by fire, according to a viral video on social media. The storey-building’s roof was on fire.
However, on Monday, August 7, the comedian sent a statement on Instagram proclaiming his and his family’s safety.
Grace Makun, AY’s sister-in-law, disclosed the incident’s findings on her social media account on Monday.
Grace claims that after they prayed and wept together, God was merciful.
Sharing the video, she wrote: “Y”all be wondering why I’m appraising @lanremakunevents @yomicasual we cried and prayed together and God showed us mercy as a family.
“Our heart is full of gratitude for @aycomedian @realmabelmakun we love you both.”